Are you working with a child who has hypernasality?  Not sure if you should refer on?  In this video, speech-language pathologist Carrie Clark shows you where to turn when you need to refer a child to check out the cause for his/her hypernasality.

Who to Refer to if you Suspect Velopharyngeal Insufficiency

Top Choice:  A Speech-Language Pathologist on a craniofacial team (also often referred to as cleft palate teams)

Click Here to Find the team nearest you:

Next Best Choice: Ear-Nose-Throat Doctor (ENT)/Otolaryngologist (even better if they work with an SLP)

Click Here to Find an ENT Near You:

Click Here to Download Your Free Cleft Palate Cheat Sheet