Do you struggle to help expand children’s vocabulary skills during speech therapy sessions? You can’t possibly teach a child every word he will ever need. Instead, you need a strategy that you can teach the child that will help him learn and remember many words. Kristin Immicke from Talkin’ With Twang is here to show us how you can teach prefixes and suffixes to help a child improve their vocabulary skills.
- Talkin’ with Twang Blog: http://www.talkinwithtwang.com/
- Talkin’ with Twang TPT Store:https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Talkin-With-Twang
- Good books for teaching/practicing prefixes & suffixes: If you Were a Prefix by Marcie Aboff, If You Were a Suffix, Things that are Most in the World by Judi Barrett (good for -est), A Visitor for Bear by Bonny Becker (good for un-, im-, in-)
- Prefixes and Suffixes Packet:https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Prefixes-and-Suffixes-Packet-1485629
If you’d rather listen to the audio version of the Speechie Show, click here:
Or you can read the full transcript by clicking here: thespeechieshowep3.
More Resources for Speech-Language Pathologists:
Looking for more therapy ideas and resources to help you provide the BEST services to your clients? Join us in The SLP Solution, our membership program for speech-language professionals! Inside the membership, you’ll find:
- Step-By-Step Guides for teaching a variety of speech/language/communication skills
- Pre-Made Worksheets and Therapy Activities for hundreds of different topics
- Training Videos for dealing with difficult disorders or problems
- Answers to Your Questions in our exclusive SLP community
- Tools and Resources to help you with your paperwork and admin tasks
- Continuing Education through our monthly webinars and webinar recordings
To join us in the full SLP Solution, or to snag a free membership, click on the button below!