The following video comes from my membership site, The Speech Therapy Solution. Each week day, I answer one question from a speech therapist with a short training video. I hope you enjoy today’s video! For more great videos or to get your questions answered, come join us in The Speech Therapy Solution:
- Block schedule planning time into as few sessions as possible.
- Have a to-do bin where you put all of your mail, filings, and any other papers that need to be dealt with. Schedule a time to clean out the bin weekly.
- Tidy your office for 5 minutes each day when you walk in the door.
- Batch repeated tasks and schedule them. For example, check email as few times as possible and schedule a time to go through your in-box.
- Have a running to do list where you add things that need to be done. Prioritize the list each time you add a new item and at the end of each day.
- Whenever you find time to plan (planning time or when a student is absent), go straight to the first thing on your to-do list and get working!
- Make checklists for tasks that you do frequently, like writing IEPs.
- Make a note of where you left off when you get interrupted in the middle of a task.
- Post a sign on your door that says “Do Not Disturb” during your planning time.
- Set an agenda ahead of time for all meetings and collaborations.