In this episode of the Speech and Language Kids Podcast, I give an overview of stuttering. And in the quick tip, I tell you about a website you can take your kids to that has kid-friendly info about stuttering.
To view the show notes, visit: www.SpeechAndLanguageKids.com/Episode11
To download the Podcast from I-Tunes, visit: www.SpeechAndLanguageKids.com/Podcast
In this episode, I will present stuttering information about:
- What is stuttering? Learn the common definition.
- What causes stuttering? Find out what four factors are thought of as causes.
- Is some stuttering normal? When is it ok for children to do this?
- When should I worry? What are the some of the red flags that this isn’t typical?
- When should I seek help? Find out what action to take if you are worried.
- What can I do at home in the meantime? Learn great tips for easing the pressure at home.
In this episode I also give a news update about my latest project, a step-by-step e-book coming out sometime in the next several months. Find out more about the e-book, what will be included and how you can pre-order on this episode!
Links and Resources shared in this episode:
- Stuttering Foundation: Tons of resources for parents and specialists but I love the kids’ page on this website: www.SpeechAndLanguageKids.com/stuttering-foundation You can search the website based on if you’re a parent of a preschooler, a parent of a school-aged child, a child, or a professional. It’s a great website!
- Sign up for my weekly email newsletter to get updates about the upcoming e-book as well as free speech and language games and activities delivered directly to your inbox every week: www.SpeechAndLanguageKids.com/Sign-up
Don’t forget to leave me a review in I-Tunes! I’d love to hear what you think of the podcast and what things I can do to make it even better for you, my listeners! www.SpeechAndLanguageKids.com/Podcast